TSYP prides itself on being an organisation that aims to guard and advance the authentic teachings of Yoga. As such, TSYP offers quality yoga teaching, delivered by dedicated and experienced teachers. Our teacher training pathway exceeds current UK Yoga teaching requirements, to meet the highest European and international standards. We invite you to explore the possibilities!
Foundation courses are an opportunity to explore the rich and influential tradition of Professor T Krishnamacharya and his son, TKV Desikachar. These courses are for students who wish to develop and deepen their personal practice and study of yoga, or are considering undertaking teacher training.
Yoga Teaching and Yoga Therapy Courses
TSYP teacher training provides you with many tools to enable you to teach students with a wide range of needs. All our courses are based on the guiding words of Krishnamacharya: Teach what is within you. Not as it applies to you, but as it applies to the one in front of you.
Yoga Teacher and Yoga Therapist Continuing Professional Development
A natural progression for many of our teachers is to further develop their teaching skills. TSYP offers various paths for those seeking challenging and rewarding continuing professional development.
The ancient tradition of Vedic chanting is gaining recognition all over the world, not just because it collectively represents the fount of ancient Indian wisdom but also because the practice of chanting has multiple beneﬁts:
- Vedic chanting links body, voice, mind and emotions in a profound way.
- Vedic chanting produces certain vibrations that can enhance physical and mental health.
- The close attention needed to listen and reproduce accurately what the teacher is doing means that Vedic chanting is very useful in improving concentration and memory.
- The vast range of Vedic chants allows us to use them in many different contexts and different ways and therefore is a particularly helpful and flexible tool in yoga, healing and therapy.
- Vedic chanting can also help to calm the mind, whether by practising, listening or silent mental repetition. For this reason, chanting can be an important form of meditation
- Vedic chants help in relieving stress and promoting clarity.
Our Vedic chant courses are developed in close consultation with Radha Sundararajan, a renowned and very experienced Vedic Chant teacher who is one of the fortunate few to have been a student of TKV Desikachar.