TSYP is offering mentoring training because we believe it is central to our role as teachers and would invite you to come to the training sessions.
This training is for all teachers who work one-to-one.
The training covers:
- How the roles of mentor, counsellor, supervisor, or coach differ and how to work in the grey areas.
- What your understanding is of the role and how this might have changed over time.
- Key skills you need for the role – for some this might be a refresher (always useful) for others an opportunity to learn new skills.
- Interactive and practical sessions to gain personal feedback.
- An opportunity to discuss boundaries and how to deal with difficult situations.
The first course finished on 21stNovember 2021 and the next series is due to start on Thursday, 5th January 2023. Please click here for further information and booking.
Guidelines on mentoring and supervision can be found here.
The training, which is intended as a support for your professional practice has been very well received and we do hope that you can attend.
The two half-day training sessions receive 8 CPD points. Those who complete it will be recognised on the published list of TSYP qualified Mentors and is a stepping stone to our Supervision Training course.